Indian Home Remedies for Constipation
Instant Indian home remedy for constipation plays an important role to cure constipation. You can be self-assured if your digestive system is healthy and working fine. If constipation is left untreated, it can lead to fatal diseases and complications like hemorrhoids and Anal fissures.
This article can help you to get rid of constipation. Home remedies or constipation medicine India for constipation are very effective and ease difficult defecation and painful stools. Constipation can be treated with the help of home remedies for constipation easily. Fast-acting purgatives affect intestinal motility which impacts normal intestinal movements. This act further increases the risk of constipation. The herbal and natural treatments are considered the best home remedies for constipation.
What is constipation?
Constipation is a disease in which the patient has a lot of difficulty in defecation. The patient has to extend a lot during defecation and strains too much to defecate. Constipation is defined when bowel movements are less frequent.
Stools become dry hard and difficult to pass. Having less than three bowel movements in a week. However, bowel movements can be unique for an individual. One can have more than one bowel movement in a day. On other hand, another person can have an alternate day. Whatever the pattern of your bowel movement, it can be unique and normal for you.
Chronic constipation causes heaviness in the abdomen which can lead to anxiety and depression. Moreover, constipation can lead to various gastrointestinal and digestive system diseases.
Also, read...Complications and Causes of Obesity Essay: How to Lose Weight Fast
Causes of constipation and How Constipation Happens
Constipation happens when undigested food remains for a long period of time in the colon than normal. The colon absorbs more water from the waste (Stool) that lies in the colon or intestine. More absorption of water from waste in the colon leads to dry and hard stools which are difficult to push out of the body. This happens because of the slow movement of the food through the digestive tract.
Following are the Causes of Constipation
- Bad Habit of Drinking water during and after Food
- Low water or liquids intake
- Consumption of lesser fibers foods
- High intake of fried and junk foods
- Eating Dinner Late in the evening
- Bad dietary habits
- Eating the next food before the digestion of the last meal
Medications those Causes Constipation includes
- Pain medications like narcotics containing codeine, oxycodone, etc
- Antidepressant Drugs
- NSAIDs (Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) like Ibuprofen, naproxen, etc.
- Iron preparations
- Antacids containing aluminum or calcium
- Anti-allergic medications (Antihistamines)
- Some Blood pressure medications
- Anticonvulsant medications
- Antipsychotic medications
Diseases and Medical Conditions
- Hormonal imbalances like Hypothyroidism (Low TSH levels), Diabetes, Hypercalcemia, and Uremia
- Digestive tract structural defects like fistula, interruption, etc
- Intestinal obstruction
- Neurological disorders
- Diverticular Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Colorectal Cancer
- Lazy Bowel Syndrome
What are the Risks of Constipation
Chronic Constipation can cause many problems and fatal ailments including :
- Piles or Hemorrhoids
- Anal Fissure
- Anal Fistula
Piles and Anal Fissure cause massive blood loss which leads to anemia and other disorders. Anal Fistula is another big problem that impacts on patient’s personality.
All above ailments are the indications to meet with your family surgeon. If these ailments are left untreated can lead to fatal outcomes.
Symptoms of Constipation
- Dry and hard stools
- Painful defecations
- Pain abdomen
- Difficult to pass stools
- Heaviness in abdomen
- Too much straining during defecation
- Fewer than three bowels in movement in a week
- Mild Headaches
- Anxiety and lethargic
- Belching and indigestion
- Mouth Ulcers (Aphthous)
- Calf Cramps
How is Chronic Constipation Treated?
The Golden Rule of Drinking Water While Eating Meal for constipation treatment
Drink Water as per the rule given below:
- Before Meal – Always advisable
- Mid Meal – Not to be taken unless necessary
- Just After Meal – Not recommended at all
- Drinking water after an hour of finishing your meal – Recommended drinking a lot of water
This is always recommended to drink water before meals. This helps in the improvement of digestion and avoiding constipation. But when you drink water in between your meal or after the meal causes indigestion, acidity, and constipation.
When you drink water just after the meal, it neutralizes hydrochloric acid (HCL) and digestive enzymes. Neutralization of HCL and digestive enzymes causes indigestion. When partially digested food is passed into the small intestine. The nutrients are not absorbed fully in the small intestine. The partially digested food further passes into the colon (The large intestine). The stool or waste remains here for long hours. Because of this more water is absorbed by the colon and causes dry and hard stools.
Drinking water after an hour of finishing your meal helps push the food into the intestine. It promotes the absorption of nutrients in the small intestine. Moreover, the waste/stools still have enough water and some are absorbed by the colon. As a result, the consistency of stool is not dry or hard. This helps in passing the stools easily. The phenomenon falls under instant Indian home remedies for constipation.
Home Remedies for constipation
The best way to treat constipation is natural Ayurvedic constipation remedies. Instant Indian Home Remedy for Constipation are very effective. These prevent constipation naturally. The best thing is that these constipation remedies do not have any side effects and act on the digestive system naturally. On another hand, the fast-acting purgative compositions affect the motility of the intestine and the impact negatively disease further.
How To Cure Chronic Constipation Permanently
Following are the Indian home remedies for constipation those are drugs of choice to treat chronic constipation permanently.
Raisin and Jaggery: An Instant Indian Home Remedy for Constipation
- Take 8-10 Raisins and soak in the water in the evening till the next morning. Remove the seeds and boil them with the milk. eat raisins and drink the milk in the morning.
- Eat 5-7 raisins at bedtime after removing seeds daily
- Drink a glass of Hot milk with Jaggery at Bedtime (Refined Sugar is not recommended)
Note: Blood sugar patients are not advised to take Raisins and Jaggery
Guava: The Best Fruit for Constipation Treatment
- Guava is fiber-rich fruit and helps in activating digestive enzymes
- A Guava every day is very helpful in relieving constipation and acts as natural constipation remedies
Fig (Anjeer): Effective Home Remedies for Constipation
- Fig is a very potent Laxative and helps in constipation cure
- Eating 1-2 Fig daily at bedtime really helps in relieving constipation and improves the digestive system.
- Dry fruits (Fig) also can be used after boiling in milk in the morning hours
- One Fig with 200 ml fresh Sugar Cane juice is a magic remedy for chronic constipation. This is also counted Indian home remedy for constipation.
Papaya: Very effective constipation remedy and constipation treatment
- Eating Papaya before meal daily helps in improving the digestive system
- Papaya Fruit can be used in fruit salad as Papaya also has a good fiber content
- Very useful in constipation cure
Carom (Ajwain) and Cumin: The best constipation remedies
- Roast the Carom and Cumin seeds on a low flame. Grind it to make powder and add black salt or rock salt as per taste. Take half a teaspoon of powder with lukewarm water twice a day morning and evening. This is a very useful remedy for constipation.
- Apart from this use, an Unani Medication called Jawarish Kamooni. Take 7 gm of Jawarish Kamooni after meal twice a day. This helps in the treatment of gastritis and constipation.
Psyllium Husk: Constipation Treatment, Home Remedies for Constipation
- Dissolve 1-2 teaspoons of Psyllium husk in a glass of lukewarm water at taking it at bedtime daily. This is a very useful constipation remedy for chronic constipation patients.
- If Husk of Psyllium doesn’t help much, add 1 tablet of Qurs Mulayyan and take it at bedtime with lukewarm water
Indian Home Remedies For Constipation in Pregnancy
- Take Isapgol Husk (Psyllium husk) in a glass of lukewarm water and take it at bedtime daily.
- Add 5 pieces of Resin and some jaggery in Milk and take it in the evening hours.
Other Constipation Remedies for the treatment of chronic constipation
You may choose any instant Indian home remedy for constipation from the above and add any one form of the following to add extra benefits to your home remedies for constipation.
- Increase intake of water, minimum of 5-6 liter of water in a day
- Add a spoonful of Rogan Badam with lukewarm milk and drink at bedtime
- Increase the use of Papaya
- Eat one native seasonal fruit daily
- Do not use fried, roasted, and spiced food
- Eat more green leafy vegetables, high fiber diets, and whole grains
- Balanced use of Coffee can also helpful
- Get moving, exercise regularly
A surgical correction is required if any systemic defect is diagnosed. If any acute diseases are developed like anal fissure, anal fistula, or Anal fissure, you need to connect with your family doctor without delay. There can be a requirement for surgical procedures to treat the disease.
Dr. Musharraf Husain