Bharat Biotech has launched the BBV154 intra-nasal Covid19 vaccine. BBV154 intra-nasal vaccine (iNCOVACC) is the world’s first made-in-India single dose nasal covid-19 vaccine. The intra-nasal vaccine received the Drug Controller General of India’s (DGCI) approval in the month of November 2022 for restricted emergency use among adults as a heterologous booster dose.
What is The Price of Bharat Biotech’s Intra Nasal Vaccine?
According to the statement issued by Bharat Biotech, the intranasal covid vaccine is priced at Rs 800/ for the private and retail markets and at Rs 325/ for supplies to the Government supply. It’s a recombinant replication-deficient adenovirus vectored vaccine with a prefusion stabilized spike protein.
How iNCOVACC Does Work?
Immune cells express perfusion (stabilized) spike protein, the body produces antibodies against spike proteins. It blocks disease carriers and stops the transmission of infection.
- Intra-nasal vaccines stimulate a broad immune response neutralizing IgG, mucosal IgA, and T cell response.
- Immune response in the nasal mucosa (at the site of infection) is essential for blocking both infection and transmission of Covid-19
- It prevents infection and transmission and is likely to prevent disease.
What are The Benefits of Intra Nasal Vaccine
- The entry route of the virus is the nasal mucosa and the nasal route has excellent potential for vaccination due to the organized immune system of the nasal mucosa.
- Non-invasive vaccine (no needle is required for vaccination)
- The administration is easy (Trained healthcare workers are not required)
- No risk of a needle associated risks, injuries, and infections
- Single dose